Saturday, November 7, 2009

Sneak Peek at Land and Sky

Here is a sneak peek of the other two necklaces I'm working on at the moment. They are on track to be finished by Thanksgiving week.



First, we have Land. Olive green Kambaba Jasper rondells and focal, paired with Lauscha Olive glass acorns, with all kinds of cool accents in copper. Copper just seemed to be the right metal to add to this necklace. Many of the elements are still a bit bright, but they will gain a lovely patina given some more time. I can't wait to see how this looks once it's aged a bit. This closeup shows one of the acorn "stations." It is a glass acorn shaped bead I created (it's harder to get these things just the right size and shape than I expected!) with a copper acorn style cap, suspended with some copper crystal beads on a square copper leaf bead. You can also see the copper triple oak leaf clusters that go between each acorn station. I can't wait to wear this one.



Sky, on the other hand, is not nearly so far along. I've put the moonstone focal together from two pre-made moonstone focal components, and pieced together the chainwork frame around it, but I haven't started adding bead elements to it yet. Part of the problem is I'm having a hard time making up my mind about which colors of glass rod I want to use. I'll get it worked out soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous, Pan! From the backgrounds, it looks like you make a lot of jewelry frequently.

Let me know what work you have that might be for sale. :)

PanIdaho said...

Hi Amarikah - thanks for the comments! I just noticed this, so my apologies for not replying sooner.

I may have some interesting glass art beads and vessels up on Etsy later this month, and some finished items later as well. I'll send you an email when I have something to look at, and thanks!