Saturday, November 7, 2009

Magic Spiral - Crane Bag, Wand and Cauldron

"Prepare and consecrate a wand, a cauldron, and a crane bag as Druid magical working tools using any preferred method."



Here is the picture of my three required magical items from my Magic Spiral work. The brass cauldron is a brass cauldron I found and rehabilitated before consecrating it for my magic work. The Crane Bag is one I crocheted from natural yarns and dyed. The toggle is an Idaho Kokanee salmon and three purple hazelnut beads, meant to be a reminder of the tale of the Salmon of Knowledge. The wand is a light ivory colored, unvarnished rowan branch (Actually, American Sorbus, a relative) that I took a couple of years ago and worked into a wand. It has gold wire spiraled from just above the handle to nearly the end of the tip, and three small pink rhodochrosite cabachons set into the handle.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks like you finally found an outlet for your salmon bead! It looks good and right there.

PanIdaho said...

Thank you! It was getting kind of lonely sitting in a box. :-)