Saturday, June 26, 2010

Infusion, decoction, tincture, salve...

For my Healing Spiral I am required to make at least one infusion, one decoction, one tincture and one salve. Here are the herbal medicines I've made and used on a regular basis to complete that requirement...

Infusions: red raspberry leaf, chamomile, peppermint, fennel seed, rose, feverfew

Decoctions: elderberries, ginger root, cinnamon bark

Salves: throat and chest balm with menthol, lip balms, arnica bruise balm

Tinctures: willow bark, hawthorn berry, dandelion, elderberry, feverfew

I have also made some capsule medicines with powdered cinnamon and ginko.

Picture, left to right: elderberry syrup from decoction, dried feverfew, chest and throat balm, red raspberry leaf, rose petals, hawthorn tincture, lavender buds, chamomile tea (infusion) and cinnamon capsules in the middle, along with one of my herbal healing books I used for this spiral.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wowee....you got sum great stuff here !!!!!

PanIdaho said...

Thanks, spottedwolf! :-) I'm glad you're enjoying it - I'll probably have some more up in the next few days.