Friday, June 25, 2010

Healing Herbs and Plants

Here is a list of the healing herbs I currently have growing in my garden.

Aloe Vera, Aronia, Artichoke, Basil, Bearberry, Borage, Calendula, Catnip, Cayenne, Dandelion, Echinacea, Elderberry, Feverfew, Flax, Garlic, Ginger (Galangal Root), Hops, Horsetail, Lavender, Lemon Balm, Meadowsweet, Parsley, Peppermint, Plantain, Raspberry, Rhubarb, Rose, Rosemary, Sage, Spearmint, Stevia, Thyme, Wild Cherry, and Yarrow.

Picture: a pot of wild (captured!) feverfew growing on my balcony. Feverfew grows wild here in spots, and this one was in danger of being mowed over this spring, so I moved it to a pot where it could finish its life cycle (and be harvested) in peace.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

gonna keep you attached....my ol' lady is chartered in herbology

PanIdaho said...

spottedwolf - what is "chartered?" Is that a type of certification? If so, which organization is she aligned with? I've really enjoyed my work on herbal/natural medicines this past couple of years, and I have been thinking of pursuing some sort of certification program for it.