Saturday, January 2, 2010

Better pictures of Land and Sea...

I finally got my photo set up back together, and took some better pictures of Land and Sea yesterday.



I'm thinking about replacing the triple oak clusters with something custom made from Art Clay Copper later this year, because while the ones I'm using currently are nice, they don't lay quite like I'd like them to.

Here is a closeup of the focal on Sea:



Sky is still under construction, but I'm hoping to have that finished up soon. I've been hip deep in projects for the past couple of months, so this has had to take a back seat for a bit. But I'm still determined to finish as soon as I can so I can start my Third Degree work.

2 comments:

shadowfoot said...

Wow, those are lovely! And some unusual beads too, like the triple leaf bead. I really like that one. The color combinations for both necklaces are great, and I love the magnificent green pendant on Sea.

Thanks for sharing these :)

Heather G

Panidaho said...

Thank you, Heather!

The focal is a piece of fossilized coral, and the color on it just happened to perfectly match some Bullseye oddlot glass I already had. The glass it matches is quite unsentimentally named "bluegreen algae." :-D

The big beads are all hollows made with the bluegreen algae, and although you can't tell from the photo, the glass has some glitterglass (aventurine) in it. It's one of my favorite glasses to work with - makes lovely vessels, too. If I lived nearer to Portland, and the Bullseye glass factory, I'd be in real trouble, that's for sure...