Friday, December 5, 2008

Awaiting the Solstice

For some reason this year I'm more excited about the holidays. It may be because it's been a rather tough year for us, or it may be because I'm becoming more comfortable with the path I'm taking in my spiritual life, or it may just be that with the economy the way it is anything that is "fun" for a change is definitely something to get excited over.

Whatever the reason, I'm definitely in the holiday mood! I've been baking cookies and buying gifts, and staying up waaayyy too late working on my AODA second degree studies. Working on my AODA degree is something I've not had energy to do most of this past few months, so this is a welcome sign that things are finally settling down a bit. I plan to work through the winter to get caught up so I can still begin my third degree work more or less on time at the end of next year. If not, well, luckily the AODA study program is quite flexible.

In fact, this blog is going to be part of my second degree work. So much second degree work involves writing, this seemed a natural format. Especially since one of the requirements of the Spirit Path is that I show some of my work "in some form that can be experienced by others." I can post my essays here, show pictures of things I'm working on for my spirals, and in general use this format as my personal journal of the path I'm working out. My next posts will be a summary of the second degree work I've accomplished thus far, and I'll use that as a framework to attach all the other work I'll be doing over the course of the coming year.

0 comments: